Sunday 2 September 2012

New Additions

So there I was in the middle of teaching my class Algebra and patterns when all of a sudden one of the students starts yelling "Oh my gosh whats happening to the axolotl's?'

"What?"

"They are doing something weird.. theses stuff coming out.. oh my gosh they are having babies"

"They can't be" I reply "Axolotls lay eggs"

Axolotls lay eggs!! I think to myself. Oh my gosh they are laying eggs.

I'd been waiting for this moment all year. I had heard that axolotls have the ability to change sex and lay eggs so that they have something to eat.  Now ill be honest, it has been about a week since I feed them last as I have run out of food and been so busy I havent had a chance to get to the pet store.

After a watching them lay eggs the class are not fascinated by the look of the eggs. Im guessing that lots of them have never seen such a sight.  Im not sure how long it will be before the eggs hatch, I be keeping a close eye on them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment