Monday 8 October 2012

First run for the season

I have been meaning to get back into my running but have been using the excuse of it getting dark to early.  Well with daylight saving here there is really nothing stopping me but myself.

The start of daylight saving signaled the start of the Eastside Tavern Run.  Missed the first one... because I was to lazy so made sure I was there for the second.  There was quite a few people there and I was looking forward to getting back into it.

Started the run nice and slow following a couple of old guys.  Using them to set my pace as I just wanted to finish, wasn't to worried about my time.  As it turns out the old guys were fitter than me and they slowly pulled away.

Got to about 3km and started to feel exhausted.  Knew that I had to just push through.  Got the then end in about 27min which I think was ok for my first run.



No comments:

Post a Comment