Sunday 23 December 2012

Christmas is close

With the first week of the holiday almost gone already and Christmas Day now just 2 days away things are starting to get busy... and exciting.

I have been super lucky that over the past couple of days I have been able to go caching quite a lot.  Went up to Auckland with Steve on Friday to collect a whole lot and was a little unprepared.  Forgot to take any water with me and didn't really understand just how long the hike was going to be. Don't get me wrong it was absolutely beautiful looking out over some of the bays and a really nice bush walk but with the heat in the sun blazing down it wasn't long before I was dehydrated.  As it is this month has been the best ever, in terms of my caching stats with me collecting 181 caches this month alone.  I still have about 20 planned to do while up at Whangamata over the week between Christmas and New Years.

2012 Calendar

Its been a great year for my start and I have almost cached on ever day in December and January. Got a lot to do in February next year but apart from that I should be on track to fill in my grid.

Anyway, back to Christmas. Chelsea has been getting more and more excited the closer that Christmas Day gets. She is always asking if she can just open one and her latest  ploy was to try and convince me she was part German and that Germans open their presents on Christmas eve.  Nice try honey but you can just wait.

Not really sure what else is not worthy in my life but I know it has been really really busy.  Im looking forward to getting away over Christmas and doing some more exploring and adventuring.  I know Chelsea want to just relax but there is a part of me that just can't sit still.

No comments:

Post a Comment