Saturday 12 January 2013

Pirongia

There I was sitting at the table enjoying by breakfast when an email came through.  A new cache had been published and normally im not that committed to a FTF attempt but when the cache has your name in it you kinda have to make that extra effort.... don't you??
Well yes you do. I raced down to the bedroom and in one breath explained that a new cache had been published and it had my name in it and I want to go get it and ill do the housework when I get home.  It all came out as "whosidighttanmeintigotogetcachehousewlalater"

After slowing down and explaining it again Chelsea gave me a day pass to go and collect this cache.

I quickly grab all my gear and headed to Te Tahi Road. I may have started the walk with a little to much vigor as I soon became short of breath... or im just unfit.  I have walked this track before and it was nice to revisit it as it is one of the most enjoyable ones.

After 1hr 30min I came to the first summit and took a well deserved 20min rest.  Seeing that the cache was about 900m away gave me the energy to push on.  It took me about 30min to get to GZ and start the search. Had me looking in the wrong trees as my GPS was all over the place. Finally got a fix and started searching the large tree. It was a relief to find the cache and also be the FTF.

Going back to the car was just as hard as my legs were sore and the heat of the day was in full swing.  

10km in 4hr

No comments:

Post a Comment