Wednesday 2 January 2013

Post 1 of 2013

It's the start of a new year and I'm reminded of people's words about it being a time to start fresh, leave behind past mistakes, make plans for the future and be happy with the present.

After a quiet New Years at the Bach and being able to go to bed with my wife I find myself struggling to find last years mistakes. I mean there maybe so things I'd change but nothing that I regret or am desperately ashamed of. Therefore does that make last year a success?

Waking up on the first day of a new year to me always feels a little different. Start of work now feels like its getting closer. Everyone gets a year older. Plans and goals for the year are set in motion.

I want to get back into my running again this year so on the first day I pull myself out of the warm cozy bed, tie on my shoes and start pounding the pavement. I did my best but it certainly wasn't vey far. Still you have to start somewhere.

On returning from my shoe run and having breakfast Kevin decided to try his New Years luck with a spot of fishing. Unfortunately there was no luck involved as we didn't catch a single fish. It was still a nice day out on the boat with beautiful sun and crisp fresh air. We were blessed with a visit from a large pod of dolphins and Chelsea was kissed by the sun.

In all it was a great first of the year and if this is how the year continues its bound to be a great one



No comments:

Post a Comment