Thursday 14 March 2013

Mystery Weekend


With another weekend fast approaching it was looking like I wasn't going to have anything exciting planned. I set myself the goal of planning a trip somewhere or at least a hike.

After a little searching I came up with an idea and started searching the net to see if I was going to be able to pull off a Mystery Weekend.  After several phone calls and booking the tickets the plan was layed down and an awesome weekend was to be had.

To make things even better Chelsea had know idea what I had planned or where we were going.  I decided to leave her some clues along each day and make her guess.  Its pretty clear that I like tramping and geocaching so I tried to make the hints related to those activities.

Clue One: pack a bag for you weekend ahead, don't forget your shoes and a map.

It wasn't long before Chelsea and others started thinking that we were going caching or on a long tramp.

Clue Two: We depart at 10:45, don't worry its not a long walk but you will be getting muddy.

This stumped her as she knew we were not flying anywhere and now not tramping... but getting muddy??

Clue Three: This one is a little harder but lets just say it is a little slice of Asian culture.

That was all the clues that Chelsea needed. She came home from school with a huge smile on her face. I asked her if she had an idea as to what we were doing. She said she had a good idea but didn't want to guess incase she was wrong and was then disappointed.

Needless to say, after all her researching, she was right... For our Mystery weekend we are.... well you'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment