Wednesday 4 March 2015

Getting back into blogging

So it has been a while, well actually a long time, since I have been blogging. I have been thinking about it lately and decided to try and start regularly recording my thoughts and experiences. There has been a lot of different things that have happened to me over the past year. Most of the highlights have been to do with my beautiful daughter and my achievements running

 
 

This year there are just as many different experiences on offer. We are heading to Australia in a couple of months for a friends wedding, I have a Mega in Christchurch later in the year as well as a handful of running events with the first being in just two days time. 

My first run for the year was the Blueberry Fun Run in Ohaupo. It was a 15km run on a very beautiful day. I managed to complete the run in just over 1hr 40min. I'm quite happy with this time.  The run this weekend is down in New Plymouth and is a half marathon. The training for it has gone well and I feel really good. I'd love to do it in under 2hr 20min but I'm not going to hold my breath. I enjoy running for myself not running for competition. 

Tomorrow I'm heading up Pirongia with my class. Should be a great day for the class to bind and I look forward to watching them work together and building those relationships. Will post tomorrow with the outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment