Sunday 25 October 2015

Back on the running bandwagon

It has been a long time since I even considered putting on the running shoes and starting to 'train' for something.  Now I'd like to start with some witty comment like, "I thought it was about" or "I'd been waiting for the long weekend to start..." but the truth of the matter was it was is still is a  struggle.

For a long time I have been sitting and eating and eating and sitting. I have had all the great intentions of running but have used every excuse under the sun... including the sun to not go out. I have done the occasional run and visit to the gym but nothing that eventuated into a regular schedule.

Well it's time for a change.  With my pants getting tighter and my mind starting to feel down I had to do something about it.  So yesterday I put on my shoes and headed out for what will be the first of many runs.

I am determined to beat the Blerch.


Day One

7km in 41:14
avg 5:52

Total - 7km