Thursday 9 February 2017

2017 Start of the year

Its interesting that the last time I made a blog entry it was October 2015.  Now, well over 16 months later, I seem to be making the same post.

I started the year with a message from a good friend, Bridget, asking me if I would be interesting in completing the 2017 challenge.  What is this you ask? Its pretty simple. Run 2017 miles in 2017.  The idea was that Bridget and I would team up and complete the miles together.  This was all the motivation I needed to get my lazy body off the couch and back onto the pavement.

It has been a month since I have started the challenge and I am well into my miles. 229 miles to be exact. I feel better both emotionally and physically. However this is only possible because of my very understanding wife. Sometimes I wonder just how I got so lucky finding such a caring and understanding woman.

Last week we both completed the Mad Eye Moody 5k virtual run. It was such a rush. Chelsea ran her first ever 5ks and did it in a PB for her. I was so proud.  I also did a PB but to be honest watching her finish was a bigger run.

This weekend is the Blueberry run and I am really looking forward to finishing that one. There are a couple of different marathons that I have my eyes on but I will keep you updated as the year goes by.


No comments:

Post a Comment